Common concerns parents have:
Why Should I wear a Newborn baby? (The Fourth Trimester as they call it)
1. Babywearing a newborn helps him feel secure and calm, as he can sense mother’s voice, heartbeats and movements as he could in the womb
2. Helps to stimulate milk production and eases the nursing process. The mothers can walk around and nurse on the go- this is the biggest boon a mother can get!
3. Aids the baby to sleep on its own without any ‘rocking’/ ‘singing’/ ‘dancing’, unless you wish to So the earlier you start the easier it is to set up a sleep routine.
4. helps baby to observe and grasp the body language, facial expressions. Newborns tend to pick up soft skills faster and you will be able to catch the baby cues easily!
5.stimulates the infant’s vestibular system, the parts of the inner ear that work like levels or sensors to control the body’s sense of balance
6. Helps in digestion, reduces colic considerably
Why Should I wear my baby who is between 3-6 months?
2. At this stage, baby needs those cuddles and feeling of security after a good amount of play time on the mat
3. Helps reduce colic
4.Awesome tool for putting babies to sleep
5. Easy nursing
6. This is a period when most of the working women resume work, and babywearing provides that special bonding time when mumma is back home
7. This is also the period when parents start taking their babies out. Babywearing makes the whole ‘outing’ experience comfortable and fuss free
8. Babies at this stage start getting more curious. and babywearing helps them observe and do things ‘with you’ and with a better view. It helps them blend with you and your lifestyle!
Why Should I wear my baby who is between 6-12 months?
2. The baby is now picking weight and you surely don’t want to strain your arms!
3. Convenient to feed solids, as well as nurse on the go!
4. Now you can easily and comfortably back carry your baby (If your baby has adequate head and torso control and is able to sit with support)!! Guess what? Now you don’t have to miss those small dance steps, long walks, treks, outings and all this you can now enjoy with your baby!
5. At this stage it becomes tougher to put babies to sleep- Tadaa- babywearing to your rescue again.. make the most of it and grab some sleep for yourself too
6. Now that your baby recognises his caregivers, and the separation anxiety is at its peak- baby needs the person in view / vicinity all the time.. Then who will do the daily chores??? Babywear!! Work done, and baby happy too
3. They can sleep comfortably in the carriers while you get your work done!
4. So basically babywearing toddlers is very much demand based and situation specific!
Lastly- noone understands the baby as well as you do! So just go by the cues and use this amazing tool to ease out your parenting journey and to create some amazing memories together 🙂 Happy babywearing!