Pune is Street Food heaven but, unlike Mumbai or Delhi, you have to really be in the know to find these places. Here we will give you the inside access to Foodie Secrets of Pune.
1) Akhtar Samosa, Camp – Craving some delicious crispy samosas but want to make it interesting? Stuff yourself with freshly made hot chicken as well as mutton samosas! Seriously tasty and puts a huge smile on your face. Vegetarians, don’t fret, they have veg samosas too!
Location – Bata Chowk, MG road. (Rs 10 Veg, Rs 15 Chicken, Rs 20 Mutton.)
2) Tilak, Tilak Road – This is an institution for locals, tucked away in the lanes of the Peths. They serve fresh and delicious Maharashtrian street food in all it’s glory! Vada pav, bread pattice, samosa, misal pav, upma and more. And of course, wash it all down with some hot and delicious cutting chai! Now they have even started an amazing dosa stall too.
Location – Off Tilak Road, behind Dell Shopee.
3) Shrinathji Sabudana Vada, Bohri Ali – Tired from all the crazy shopping in Ravivar Peth? Take a break with some ridiculously delicious Sabudana Vada at Shrinathji Stall. Fresh, crispy and served with some excellent koshimbir (Maharashtrian sweet cucumber raita).
Location – Rameshwar Chowk, Bohri Ali, Ravivar Peth.
4) Flavours Toast, FC Road – In the mood for some kick-ass sandwiches? Head on to Flavours Toast. They have a huge collection of things they can stuff between two pieces of bread and grill to perfection! Each sandwich is amazing and the green chutney they serve on the side is to die for. Their speciality is chocolate sandwich. Finish off the snack with a delicious Coffee Thick Shake or Kulfi!
Location – Near Wadeshwar, FC Road.
5) Khurana Lassiwale, Apollo Theatre – This is one of the best places to have falooda in Pune! Insane kulfi falooda in a very humble setting but taste that out performs everybody else!
Location – Near Apollo theatre, Somvar Peth.