ALMOND & CHOCOLATE FLAVORED BLACK RICE PHIRNI
The nutty flavour and coarse texture of black rice inspired me for this dessert. The almonds and chocolate complement the black rice perfectly taking this dessert to a different level!!
- 2 tbspn black rice
- 11/4 cup milk
- 6 blanched almonds
- 4 roasted almonds
- 3 tspn Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
- 1 tspn ghee
- Sugar according to taste
- Pinch of salt.
- Grind the blanched almonds in ¼ cup milk and keep aside.
- Soak the rice for 1-2 hours. Grind it.
- Heat a pan.
- Add ghee to it followed by the milk.
- Once the milk starts boiling add rice and cook in low flame.
- Keep stirring to avoid lumps.
- When rice is almost cooked add the almonds and pinch of salt.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chocolate syrup, mix and taste. If required add sugar according to taste.
- Let it cool.
- Garnish with roasted almonds before serving. Enjoy
Author – Deepali Dillip Behera