Some people might be shocked reading Fish and Milk together. There are a lot of myths attached to this combination.
We have been eating fish cooked in milk/curd since childhood and have never faced any issues. Today I am sharing an simple recipe which is quick to make and a crowd pleaser.
Ingredients for 4 Servings
- 8 pieces/slices of Rohu/Katla/Tilapia/Hilsa
- 2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 1 tablespoon ginger-green chilli paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt according to taste
- 4 tablespoon mustard oil
- Clean the fish. Rub it with turmeric and salt.Keep it for 5 minutes.
- Pour 3 tablespoon mustard oil in a kadhai. Once it reaches smoking point fry the fish on both sides till they turn brown. Remove.
- In a separate pan boil the milk and keep aside.
- In the same kadhai add lil bit of mustard oil. Temper it with nigella seeds.
- Add the ginger – chilli paste and cook till the raw smell goes.
- Add the milk. Let it simmer till it comes to boil. Lower the flame.
- Add 1 cup water and let it simmer.
- Add the fish and let it cook till you get desired consistency.
- Check for salt. Garnish with slit green chilli or freshly chopped coriander leaves.
Serve it with rice or parantha.
Do try and share the outcome.
Author – Deepali Dillip Behera